How do you secure your equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a strange thought.

If you don't need it to do the planned dive why do you bring it in the first place?

Summer time around here I can haul all my gear in the goody bag I'm bringing along to put lunch in during the dive. Cold water diving is done with an empty bag on deck too.

FT

I keep a backup DIR reg setup and computer along with extra mask, weights and tool kit. If I had an extra wing I would bring that along too. I may not need it but one of my buddies might.

frankenmuth_tom:
...At Gilboa, I tend to leave things out, and unlocked. But when we go other places, like Higgins Lake, with lots of swimmers and (god forbid) personal watercraft riders around, I make sure everything is locked up and out of sight. Even things left in the cab of the truck and covered with a blanket or towel, as I believe that "out of sight, out of mind" is really true.

Gilboa huh? ummmm......what kind of truck was that you said you drove?

Just kidding. I dive Gilboa quite a bit. Maybe we will run into each other sometime.

Gear in the SUV, keys in my pocket. Under my Drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom