How do you remove Jet's straps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lil' Irish Temper:
Why aren't you on your way to Dutch ?
Because I don't like 9 hours away :wink:

I will be on my way after work. I need to leave here around 4 or 4:30, then pick up my doubles at the dive shop, and I should be there before 9.

Lil' Irish Temper:
Now its my turn to get yelled at :D
I have the US Divers Rockets, and have decided to go with springs.

Is the Rockets and the Jetfin DIY spring straps plans the same ?

Or is there a difference?

They'll work on both as long as you've got the buckles. I've even got them on an old Dacor Turbo Fins.

Andy easiest thing to do with the staps on the jet fins is to just get rid of the fins all together. Get a fin form the decade you live in, not one that's from decades ago.

LOL

ok, i think i'll pass on that advice =)

:11:
hardhat:
Andy easiest thing to do with the staps on the jet fins is to just get rid of the fins all together. Get a fin form the decade you live in, not one that's from decades ago.
:11:

A bench Grinder will take off the mushroom heads on the pins in about 3 seconds, then the pins fall out. Make your own spring straps, they're fun and cheap.

H2Andy:
ok, finally done

one fin looks perfect, beautiful

the other looks like it got ran over by a train

but at least the straps are on, and i'm ready to dive

At lease you won't be swimming in circles now! I didn't have the heart to tell you in the beginning that the buckles were the easy part of the project. You only learn by doing...not theorizing about it...welcome to the wonderful world of spring straps!

Poseidon8118:
I didn't have the heart to tell you in the beginning that the buckles were the easy part of the project

lol

thanks for not telling me; good strategy

it's funny how the second strap went on so easily, but the first one gave me
a heck of a time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom