How do you pass time at a deco stop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually tie my buddy to the log with a spool in Ginnie why he is trying to take a nap. When I get him tied up, I shake the hell out of him to see his reaction, you would think he would get wise to it after a few times.:D

I usually tie my buddy to the log with a spool in Ginnie why he is trying to take a nap. When I get him tied up, I shake the hell out of him to see his reaction, you would think he would get wise to it after a few times.:D

damn i really need to go take the tech course. deco stops sound like fun :D

Since most of my diving has been in Texas lakes I do as a friend taught me - reverse Jenga with rocks. Take turns stacking rocks. The one who topples it loses.

And of course, the "perfect" buoyancy quest is always fun. I agree with the above posters who note that great feeling that you've nailed a long, perfect stop without holding onto a rope, etc.

Paperbacks work really well, just don't disturb them on the surface. If you don't finish the book the first time, take it with you the following dives. I have read several novels over the years that way. Most of the inks do not smear. Once in a while the binding adhesives soften up and the book will come apart. That depends on the publisher, most of the time I have not had an issue with it.

To answer your second question, my experience is I have not had any trouble reading underwater. I read my guages, my slates, and my books equally well.

Another way of dealing with this is to tear off and bring down only enough pages for one dive. Keep the rest of the book dry until you need it. Advantage here is you can read the same book during surface intervals.

contender- what happen that you had to get into a recompression chamber???

Looking at my depth gauge and trying to stay precisely on +/- 1 foot

Looking out for alligators

thats why you can't sleep in recompression chambers during treatment if you get bent.

This is bogus. They don't care if you nap, but they will wake you every 20mins for the air break so you won't get alot of quality sleep.

In some cenotes we feed the fishes with fruits that lay on the bottom. They have a tough skin and the fishes don't touch them, you break them up and it's dinner time. Very nice to watch, time flies then.

Green water deco stop: Okay, I'm getting to stop depth, vent; check gauge, am I stable? Look at buddies. Spend one minute trying to remember whether we got here at 33 minutes or 34. Spend another minute trying to remember when we left the bottom, and when we're supposed to get to the top. Hope nobody notices me scratching my hood. Check gauge again -- oops, 21 feet, hope I don't tox. Was that 34 minutes again? Wish I'd worn my She-P. Why do people do this? Look at gauge -- five more minutes. Sigh. Where's my husband?

Rinse and repeat.

Back
Top Bottom