How do you manage bubbles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That works for a second, but does not get fish to come to you.

Agreed.

The best teachers on how to approach fish are the predators. Look at how groupers blend in and seam to float effortlessly toward their targets. Small and slow movements, using body orientation, currents and surge rather than fins to move.

Move slowly using the tip of your fins, glide a lot, do not use your hands, and do all big camera/strobe/buoyancy adjustments before you even start approaching your subject.

(Now if I could just manage to not suck at composition...)

Glad to see I"m not the only one frustrated by this. I'll definitely try to soft-start my breathing.
And I never figured the material of my Regulator would matter - will definitely test this out on a borrowed reg.

The best teachers on how to approach fish are the predators.
The predators are using CCRs!

Glad to see I"m not the only one frustrated by this. I'll definitely try to soft-start my breathing.
And I never figured the material of my Regulator would matter - will definitely test this out on a borrowed reg.

The predators are using CCRs!

I only found this out when I did a video and I could see all the fish move to my exhale. Was using scubapro 250V at the time.

Three weeks ago...we had a ripping surface current, and towing yourself down to the calm area too some real work... when I got down to about 25 ft, and stopped to get my breath back...I could see all the fish below me jumping as I exhaled...65 ft below me...seems even that far away it scares them...to them, it must be several times louder sounding than we think it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom