How do you log your dive time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TFC187

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My wife and I recently logged our 34th dive and went over 24 hours of cumulative bottom time. As I was logging this, it occurred to me how do others log their dive time? Do you log it as Days - Hours - Minutes, Hours - Minutes, or some other method?

TFC187

Days - Hours - Minutes isn't a bad idea actually. I typically have my students log just hours and minutes. Keep it up and you'll be logging months and years.

I keep my running total in minutes. 1700 so far.
If I want hours, days or weeks, I can do the math.

But minutes are so much easier to add. -N

I have a ridiculously huge dive log in Excel. I enter the information about the dive and it automatically keeps a running tally of my diving time in hours:minutes format.

I log the length of the dive in my logbook. My computer download gives me my total dive time.

I log mine as hours and minutes. It's fun to see the hours, then the days, the weeks, then the months that eventually add up as time spent underwater!

I log mine as hours and minutes. It's fun to see the hours, then the days, the weeks, then the months that eventually add up as time spent underwater!

So you're telling me that with <200 dives, you have >672 hours of time underwater? :popcorn:

So you're telling me that with <200 dives, you have >672 hours of time underwater? :popcorn:

No, but I'm looking forward to it, because it will "eventually add up"! :D

#of dive log . Dive #

for example log book #3 dive #31 is 3.31

I dont log actual hours or minutes spent under water. Ever 20 Dives I summarize Avg. Depth, avg SAC, Longest dive, Average dive, the same for depth.

Heres some pages and the summary FWIW:

and yes... I tell it like it was in my log book...

Last edited:
We log dive time in hours and minutes. Our dive computers log them on our PC but having hardcopy for dive ops to see has helped when we travel.
We make our own dive log books and log dives 201 to 300 in one book then start another so we have books of 100 dives each
I take happy snaps and download them on the PC by Dive Number location and date
that makes it easy to cross reference. If I want to check back.

I can check say 349 LEI 090808 for pics of the dive and even tag them on the dive profile on the PC.

Back
Top Bottom