How Do You Know Your Booties Fit Correctly?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakpix

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got my Bare Elastek boots through scubatoys. Thinking about exchanging them for a size larger. I normally wear a size 11 shoe (oshkosh/merrel/wolverine), but on the advice of a few scubaboard members who said Bare-boots run large ... I ordered a size 10. Here's my question, should neoprene boots fit like regular shoes, or tighter?

Thinking about it, there are a lot of air spaces in a shoe that would fill with cold water in a boot. My feet don't ache or hurt in the size 10 booties, its just not ... comfortable. The sole of the booties is almost the EXACT same length as my foot, and just a little thinner. So I can feel my feet stretching the 7mm Elastek material at least 14mm length wise, and moreso width-wise. My toes aren't being crushed, either.

They should be comfortable. Like a good pair of shoes... not tight, not loose, just right :D

You do not want your feet being "pinched" for an entire dive. They will loosen slightly when wet.... But if they feel tight now, they will likely feel worse after a couple hours of diving.

Best wishes.

They will loosen slightly when wet....
Yes, it would be nice to try them on while wet before you decide they don't fit, but I doubt ScubaToys wants your damp booties back.

Ideally they are just a lttle snug but comfortable when you add some neoprene socks for your coldest wet dives. Without socks they should be very comfortable, almost slipper like.

A sloppy fit will make for cold feet and poor footting on treacherous entries and exits.

Pete

If you wear a size 11 shoe, you'll wear a size 11 boot.

Depends on the brand of the boot. With my tilos platinum boots. My normal size shoe is a 13, with those boots i wear a 12:shocked2:

Back
Top Bottom