How do you know if you've equalized?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
TIP: learn to discern the pressure differences in your middle ear as you descend and ascend... then you will be able to control your buoyancy much better. When you get really good at it you will even be able to maintain position in the water column *by ear* with your eyes closed!

Great tip, Obi-Wan. Luke, feel the Force! Sorry couldn't resist. BTW I think SeaJay is getting enticed by the Dark Side again...

I can see this skill as a great addition to a mask removal exercise. Scenario being a lost or dislodged mask while mid-water column... far less a tasking chore with this level of sensitivity. As always UP, you are a wealth of judicious jewels of wisdom. Thanks. Something new to pass the time during safety stops or while a buddy's takin' pixs or fussin' with fish...

tinman once bubbled...
I can see this skill as a great addition to a mask removal exercise.
...for those taking the GUE tech 1 class :D

Doesn't matter how many spare masks you drag out... they all get clipped off to your butt ring.

So you and your buddy have to make all your stops (while air sharing because of course an OOA is thrown in too) with only one of you wearing a mask... make the gas switch at 70' and then deco out... oh yeah, make sure you shoot a bag too.

I figured the combination had been thought up already....

Low viz, mask kicked off by panic'd OOA diver who has just mugged you for your breathin' reg, oh and let's throw in a newbie with poor buoyancy & cold water ... did I say Night dive? - the Force better be strong with you my son. This is like planning War Games...just messin' with your heads folks..it's a slow day at the coffee break keyboard today. Sorry...I think I've stolen my first thread...

Did a mask clearing drill last week in 30 o F water, it was a boring safety stop till then! - you get really motivated to clear and replace that mask! At least the water was warmer than the air temp - remember brain freeze from cold ice cream on a hot day...you get the picture. Gotta love this sport, a new experience, every dive...

Back
Top Bottom