How do you keep wam under a dry suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a 400g DUI when it's real cold. A Bare Extreme other times. Also have PolyPro 2 piece suits and Also a one piece poly pro. Just pile on what you need and have some poly below it to wick the sweat away........

I have to give a vote for the Weezle. I purchased my Weezle Extreme+ direct from the manufacturer. One of the best purchases I've made.

I dive in a DUI TLS350 and am quite comfortable with regular winter weight cotton socks, cotton shorts and a cotton T shirt under my Weezle. The Weezle comes with booties, thus the standard socks work just fine.

This combo work just fine for me in 37 degree water. I imagine it would work equally well down to 34 as I'm quite toasty.

On my last surface interval while my buddies were in their car with the heater running, I had my dry suit down around my waist and was quite comfortable standing around in the 32 degree air with the Weezle keeping my warm.

I just ordered a 2 pairs of the Weezle extreme suits (for my buddy and myself). What is the difference between the extreme and the extreme+? I kinda bought it from simplyscuba.com... if it's not as warm as I've read, I can wear my Bare undersuit under it. Thanks. cm

I'd have to check the website again to be accurate, but it has to do with the temperature rating of the fill material. Like when you buy a sleeping bag. Some are rated to 32F and some down to zero or below.

The Weezle really does work better if you wear as little as you dare under it. It does such a great job of wicking persperation from you than anything you wear that impedes that will tend to cool you down.

I think the Extreme is probably just fine for water down to the low 40's. I wanted the plus because I can end up in 37 or 35 degree water and standing around during surface intervals in 10 degree air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom