How do YOU keep fit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure swimming is good for you. But if you want serious changes to your dive propulsion abilities--20 second durations, 2 muinute durations, or 1 hour durations, then structured cycling training is what you should be after !

That's why I do spinning 3-4 times a week (with many intervals, sprints, climbs, etc), and then do long rides outside on the weekend. Swimming was more to keep my upper body in shape more than I am now, not so much for diving.

I keep myself fit through...
> morning walk with my pet
> eat a balance diet
> follow my fitness program at the gym

I snorkel. If I can get 4-6 hours of snorkeling on weekends and 3hrs during the week then I'm doing well. Haven't been able to recently though.

Of course from my location you can see I live in the Caribbean and the beach(s) I go to are all less than 10 minutes away. In my younger days I use to walk to the beach with friends.

So, after this week's surf diving, which I was miserably embarrassed by, I'm adding a weight training program to the new Masters Swim team fitness program. The "crawl of shame" convinced me that I seriously need to work on those muscles that will allow me to stand up with my heavy cold water gear and steel tank while being hit by waves.

Drink beer till I have to pee then sit down on sofa and watch more football. Only needed one, well 2 heart surgeries so far. pass the wings:wink:

I lift weights and just started running!

Also I am an avid slalom skiier in the summer.

Try to throw myself down icy hills on a snowboard in the winter. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom