How do you feel about PADI bashing on this thread??

How do you feel about PADI bashing?

• It is informative to the diver.

Votes: 26 7.2%
  • It is annoying, as it distract from the main topic.

Votes: 117 32.2%
  • I find it too bias to trust these posters.

Votes: 46 12.7%
  • I welcome their opinion.

Votes: 25 6.9%
  • Moderators should keep better control of the discussion.

Votes: 12 3.3%
  • I think they are left wing commies.

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • It is entertaining.

Votes: 41 11.3%
  • I don't give a darn.

Votes: 77 21.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But it's so easy. There is just so much low hanging fruit...big pickings with little reaching.

Fair enough. I'm all for the challenge though. Plus it is rather entertaining.

Oh and it gets my post count up... so soon I'll be a scubaboard addict... catching up with you guys...

If I had my way we would all shred every certification card we have. If the boats didn't want to take a stab at figuring things out without cards, then they could just park it. If the shops didn't want to sell gas, they could keep it and see how well all that gas works when that's all they have to eat. Go to a gas supplier instead of the dive shop and they just trade gas for money.

Training should be purchased for the value of the training and not for the access of a card but that is NOT what's going on. Take away the access function of the card and see how many of these useless classes they can sell then.

Then, and only then will an instructor offering quality training have any kind of a competative edge. As long as the card needed for access has a market value of $99 we will only have $99 courses.

drew52:
Oh and it gets my post count up... so soon I'll be a scubaboard addict... catching up with you guys...

If you want, I can shoot Pete a PM and nominate you for a mod post.

I watched PADI sell ITC's in the mid seventies. I was there when PADI swore they would never teach nitrox. There is a reason why they are called Put Another Dollar In and why there phone number is 1-800-pay padi

royalediver:
I watched PADI sell ITC's in the mid seventies. I was there when PADI swore they would never teach nitrox. There is a reason why they are called Put Another Dollar In and why there phone number is 1-800-pay padi

and here we are, PADI just can't do anything right. Most complaints have been that PADI is too lax, now you complain that PADI was too conservative with adopting Nitrox...

cerich:
and here we are, PADI just can't do anything right.

You noticed that too, huh?

MikeFerrara:
You noticed that too, huh?

actually I just got my UW Journal and quarterly standards thing yesterday from them. FOR THE FIRST TIME since 1997 it didn't have a standard being made easier or dropped!:D

cerich:
actually I just got my UW Journal and quarterly standards thing yesterday from them. FOR THE FIRST TIME since 1997 it didn't have a standard being made easier or dropped!:D

About the only things left to drop is the entry and exit. They won't get anyplace if divers can't get in the water and it won't go much better for them if they don't let them back out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom