How do you feel about guaranteed to pass IE programs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guaranteed to pass is a nice marketing ploy, which will probably be fulfilled, every instructor who attends an IE should in effect have completed an IDC first with all the modules from the IE in that IDC (all be it slightly different theory exams, but the practical side of things is very similar) and have proven to the CD that they are able to take on an IE, my biggest beef is CD's who put people through for an IE when they are far from ready, (i have witnessed this personally) for example somebody who cannot complete the skills circuit which isnt hard because you have to do it for DM. The example i talk of actually happened while i was doing my IE, the PADI examiner should have also acted on the failed candidates Course Director and remonstrated with him that he was failing standards by putting through a guy who was obviously going to fail!

I agree Cerveza but putting somebody through the course pass or fail means that someone will be making money. Isnt that what most dive resorts and PADI are about?

And yet another one rises from the crypt.....

I don't know if its the alignment of the planets, the phase of the moon or just Lord Khrams presence on the board, but there seems to be a lot of old threads being resurrected this week......

And yet another one rises from the crypt.....

I don't know if its the alignment of the planets, the phase of the moon or just Lord Khrams presence on the board, but there seems to be a lot of old threads being resurrected this week......

I agree with you, but to a new guy like me it's kind of good. I have been here a while now and still havent gotten through every single thread and response ever made (although I am trying :D ) Nice every once in a while when one rises fromn the dead because then I get to read.

Dive Safe!

LK does seem to have a perchant for digging up ancient threads.

But, since he has, let me provide an update. Since we launched the guarantee, we've never had to use it. We have had a perfect pass rate on the IE since with more than 60 IE candidates having become instructors. No other instructor training center in Central Thailand can match that record.

We've also ascended to the ranks of Career Development Centre in that time and are looking forward to an equally successful 2009. Our revamped 2009 internship package will debut Jan. 16.

Perchant? I think the word you're groping for is "penchant." But perhaps its just a typo.

I was certified a very long time ago by at a really great IDC. Their pass rate was 98%, as admittedly, there is going to be SOMEONE that thinks they want to be an instructor, that just does not have the aptitude or fortitude to complete the course. They do offer a free re-take program for those who don't make it thru the grueling 2-day IE.

That being said, I believe that no matter how many years I pay my $600 insurance, and take instructor updates, I become rusty, like anything else by not actively teaching. If there were reform to any aspect of the PADI Instructor program, I think all would be best served by not charging such a big annual sum of money for insurance (which offers no lower premiums regardless of low-risk or no-claim categories) and PADI Membership renewal which continues to rise in cost as well ... (both compluslory to retain active teaching status) and have more stringent renewal policies for those that do not meet a specified number of certifications each year. I realize this would penalize me, as I have not taught in a few years, but admittedly the biggest "crack" in my opinion, about the Instructor program.. is lack of attention to current teaching activity.
Passing an IE merely means you now have a license to learn more. Without activity, like a muscle, the edge atrophies.

Opinions are like belly buttons... we all have one! Cheers! Tzunami :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom