How do you configure your gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

foneguy:
leg is the large knife, i wear it outside, some people wear theirs on the inside,,,why?/QUOTE]

Like he said there is less chance of entanglement if the knife is on the inside.

Also, it is easier to reach with either hand if it were inside.

foneguy:
.... leg is the large knife, i wear it outside, some people wear theirs on the inside,,,why?

Like others have already said, less entanglement hassle. Also, if you have to dump your weight belt the last thing you want is it getting hooked up on the knife sticking out from your leg. Only likely when vertical not horizontal, but I can't think of any good reasons not to have it on the inside.

As for my setup, far from my ideal but I will get there eventually.
Sherwood Freedom back inflate BC, octi on bungy necklace, backup torch in pouch on left hip, shears in pouch on right hip, small BCD knife on left harness strap, dsmb in pocket on right thigh, reel clipped off to right hip d ring

I moved my big dive knife to my boat. No risk of entanglement there.

Mine is Hogarthian (DIR) style.

NWGratefulDiver:
Just curious ... do you dive a drysuit? If so, does it have pockets?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

No drysuit, I am diving a wet.

Thanks all for the suggestions, I have made some changes and improvements already.

RDP:
No drysuit, I am diving a wet.

Thanks all for the suggestions, I have made some changes and improvements already.
If you want big pockets to put stuff in, I would recommend the X-Shorts to wear over your wetsuit. I bought some of these before I went warm water diving, and they were great. I had my backup mask, wetnotes, bag and spool and a Dive Alert in the pockets, all within easy reach. The only thing I had clipped on my BP/Wing was a backup light, the light head of my cannister light, SPG and my primary reg when it wasn't in my mouth.

Jimmie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom