How do I get to Anilao from Manila?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YCW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be flying in to Manila alone and on to Anilao for one week of diving end of this month. There are a few divers joining me but all coming at different date and time. I need to find out what is the best way to get to Anilao from Manila? Last year I went to Puerto Galera taking the Sikat express coach from Manila to Batangas pier which is quite convenient. I know that Anilao is not far from Batangas pier, can I take the same Sikat coach to Batangas pier and get to Anilao from there?

Thanks.

I did raise the same question a while back and someone was kind enough to reply it. Check it out.

Tell the driver to drop you off at Diversion and catch a jeepney for the direction of Anilao. If you ask him nice enough then he might drop you at the junction and it will save you about 50m walk. However, you will need to change couple of times.

I usually organize my airport pick up and travel through the dive resort that I am staying at.

FYI recent quotes I have received one way from Manila to Anilao

Dive Planet 4,500 peso
Crystal Blue USD110
Eagle Point 5,000 peso

Its easier to just catch one of the Batangas buses from Manila to get to the Batangas depot (not far from the Pier), however getting from there to Anilao is the hard bit.....

I'd suggest by far the easiest way is via a private transfer which will get you door to door, it's a lot more expensive than the public transport option but for the sake of 100 US$ it could be money well spent on the hassle saved! Sadly the main drawback of Anilao is the logistic in getting there and back...

Another alternative would be to see if you can get a lift with other divers if you arrive on a weekend, there is also some shuttle services - There's a separate thread focused on this in the same forum board a few months back.

1. I wonder if it is possible to arrange the private pick up at Diversion? It shouldn't be too difficult to arrange as the Si-Kat runs a daily service to Batangas pier.
2. What is the chance of getting a taxi or hiring a jeepney at Diversion?

1. I wonder if it is possible to arrange the private pick up at Diversion? It shouldn't be too difficult to arrange as the Si-Kat runs a daily service to Batangas pier.
2. What is the chance of getting a taxi or hiring a jeepney at Diversion?

The main bus depot from Manila/Lipa is located on the Diversion Road, so no problems getting there - although the si-kat would be a more difficult option.

Chances of getting a taxi are almost zero, chances of a private jeep are reasonable, no problems getting a tricycle but it's still a long way to Anilao from there!

I am pretty confidence that the Si-kat driver will drop you off at the junction instead of taking the flyover if you had requested it early.
Getting a trike at that junction to Anilao is out of the question, it is too far.

I am pretty confidence that the Si-kat driver will drop you off at the junction instead of taking the flyover if you had requested it early.

Yep, thats possible - although it's probably easier to get one of the 100+ buses which leave from various location in Manila throughout the day and go directly to the Diversion Road terminal rather than get the one Si-kat bus trip per day from Malate at a significantly higher cost and ask them to drop you on-route? Just a thought :)

The OP had taken the Si-Kat bus before so he should know the way to City State Tower Hotel. I also assumed he probably had stayed around the same area on his last visit. If he is staying in Malete again he won't need to take a taxi to eg. Buendia for the connection. The taxi fare + public bus fare probably work out the same as Si-Kat bus ONLY.
Of course he would need a taxi to Malete if he is staying somewhere else. But I suspect many tourists would rather take the tourist bus than the public bus. BTW, I have no problem with the public bus but that is me.

Hmmmm. If you have a lot of luggage, then a Jeepney from Batangas to Mabini or Anialo would be a hassle.
I've done it by Jeepney to Mabini and then tricycle to anialo, but I would not recommend it unless you traveling light.
I priced a taxi once and it was $50 US, but I like the bus from Manila to Batangas, it's ok, but I always worry about my luggage.
I buy 2 seats up front and find for the extra money I can relax a bit more.
I think a private van would be the best option. There was a thread a while back on a guy who started that service.

Back
Top Bottom