How do I get my smb out....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yamarin

New
Reaction score
...of my storagepack while diving???

ok I've tried a bit, but from what I've recognized this is almost impossible...how on earth are a person supposed to get the smb out of the storagepack while diving.

1. it's on your back sueezed between your back and the backplate
2. the crotchstrap is then going from the backplate and between your legs further blocking the accessability to the smb

Now how am I supposed to get it out of there?? any clever tip for me...anyone?

J

Hang it below your backpack outside of your crotch strap, with the opening on the right.

Don't put it in your storagepack. Clip it off to a d-ring so you can get to it.

What these guys said. Why would you be carrying it between your backplate and your back in the first place or with the crotch strap over top of it? Not trying to be stupid but who told you to set it up like this?

JimLap:
Not trying to be stupid but who told you to set it up like this?

Eclipse_liftdeploy02.jpg

I like the picture featured above. Makes a lot of sense, especially in technical diving. I also deploy a British made Aqua-Tek SMB which fits in the storage pack quite nicely.

Stuff hanging off is subject to getting caught on something.

Mr.X:
I like the picture featured above. Makes a lot of sense, especially in technical diving. I also deploy a British made Sub Aqua SMB which fits in the storage pack quite nicely.

Stuff hanging off is subject to getting caught on something.

Yeah but the problem is with the ill design of the lift bag storage....the backplate sits on your back (snug) and the bag is in that little silly pack between you and the backplate making if very difficult to remove.....and above that there is still the crotch strap that is in the way.

As mentioned above the best idea is to have it in bungee loops hanging off the bottom of the backplate.

Tamas:
Yeah but the problem is with the ill design of the lift bag storage....the backplate sits on your back (snug) and the bag is in that little silly pack between you and the backplate making if very difficult to remove.....and above that there is still the crotch strap that is in the way.

QUOTE]

I guess you have the answer. Let's all do it your way.

boomx5:
I keep a 80# liftbag in mine and I have never had a problem getting it out. I just leave the bolt snap on the liftbag hanging out a few inches so it's easy to grab when I need it.

Same with Scott... might want to check your harness fitting... your suit might also be causing restrictive mobility

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom