How do I find and download MP3's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Yes, I know I'm way behind the rest of cyber world! But I just got the slideshow program Picture to EXE and I want to try my hand at it. Problem is I have no music on file to put with it.

So any help and suggestions for music selections will be greatly appreciated!

Dee, I think you can go to Microsofts website and download MP3 if I am not mistaken.

As far as music goes, don't know what to say.

Dee,

Goto AudioGalaxy and you can download software to search for MP3's. There are litterally millions of mp3s.

Originally posted by syruss32
...I don't condone the illegal taking of copyrighted

I don't either, really. What I really want to do is take songs from CD's I have already bought and use them for this slide show. But I don't know how to do that or even if you can. Do you know how???

If you dont' condone it, how do you know about the site? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dee

I don't either, really. What I really want to do is take songs from CD's I have already bought and use them for this slide show. But Ihow???

Dee, is your slide show going to be for personal use or is it something you are going to post to the public? If it's for personal use you can use anything you want but if it's something you are showing to the public you probably need permission of the persons holding the copyrights to the songs. There is software available for making songs off of CD's (which are .WAV files) and converting them into MP3 files. I use a program called AudioCatalyst to do this. It works great.

GP...It's for personal use and for sharing with a few friends. I can use .wav files so I'll hunt for AudioCatalyst and check into it...Thanks!

How do I know about kazaa if I don't condone it? Well I have a really bad computer it likes to download stuff on it's own. I have found over 5500 mp3s on my harddrive over time.... Almost 40gb worth...dang weird how that happens.

Music Match JukeBox will also turn cd's into wav files or mp3's

Dee Try www.musiccity.com Download the program and In there you can download tons of mp3's!!

Originally posted by Dee
Yes, I know I'm way behind the rest of cyber world! But I just got the slideshow program Picture to EXE and I want to try my hand at it. Problem is I have no music on file to put with it.

So any help and suggestions for music selections will be greatly appreciated!

MP3s are nice. I use music match to record them, but I use WinAmp to play them on the computer, they are nice because you don't have to change cds all the time, and you can create playlists. It is nice to sit at the computer and have music. Both of these programs are free downloads I think.

Dee

Belushi and I use a program called Limewire for all our music. We've have probably downloaded over 60 CD's worth of music! You can search for wav files, mp3s, pictures, audio, and all sorts!

Its a great program that I reccommend to anyone looking to download music etc.

Back
Top Bottom