How do get to Morris Springs, FL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry Tom, I've got to agree with SBM. The run is fun :thumb:. Turtles, pike, bowfin, bass, mullet, sunfish, beanie-weenie cans ..... all great stuff :D. I think it adds a dimension that Vortex doesn't have, nor do the other springs I've visited. Cypress is great but very contained. Manatee's run was boring (except for the big bowfin). Blue Grotto is a snoozer. Devil's den was cool, but it could get old going round and round. I only visited Ginnie but the runs and basins are really small. I enjoy the run at Morrison every time I get the chance to swim down it.

Yeah but you guys are special! Does your dive mobile have 4Wd??

sprbugman, i forgot how you said to get to the creek run at morrison. i was remembering everything but then we passed a girl in a bikini and my mind went blank.

:)

SeaYoda:
I only visited Ginnie but the runs and basins are really small. I enjoy the run at Morrison every time I get the chance to swim down it.

Drifting the river from the Devil's springs to Ginnie Spring is alot of fun, but the water is usually very tannic. Even when vis isn't pristine, the wildlife come close, for better or worse :D I always try to do it, lots of fun, but no photos due to a lack of light and vis.

Tom Smedley:
Yeah but you guys are special! Does your dive mobile have 4Wd??
The one I normally use is a rusty old Neon. If more than myself will be traveling, I use the 4WD Jeep.

But does the Neon have a cell phone with more than tree hours electric time and a melon that is not for display purposes only????

Let me know when your coming down. If you like I'll dive with you. I have dove the springs hundreds of times. I live near Vortex and Morrison. If the water is high enough, we can take the boat or canoe to Cypress.

DOn't worry about the deepest dive, if you have a computer you will soon learn that you end up Decomp. on the dives. I plan to hit Morrison and/or Vortex this afternoon and in the morning, I am available during the week for dives as well.

If you stop by the property,..I'll show you the Morrrison Springs sign that Dennis had on the power pole at the corner of Morrison springs road and Hwy 181 c. Be carefull, people get lost, hwy 181, 181 a 181 c . I live 20 miles North on Hwy 181. Hwy 181 C for Morrison starts at hwy 81 south of I 10 and ends on Hwy 90 at Waynes grocery in Ponce De Leon, short cut to Vortex

You will often see Cottonmouth at Morrison. If you poan it right you can see a gator. Not likely now or this time of year. the water is low and clear, the kids are out of school. The spring hass daily activity. During times of high water, which can last for months, few dive the springs. When the kids are in school. the gators will come up into the spring. the best time to catch them is during the week during times of high water

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom