Info How descend properly?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well hot damn! Ain't you sumthin. Ain't you, by yer own admission, a fine specimen of manhood. But...there are those actual videos of your entries: https://youtu.be/tF1VsYybmkI?si=IvUVMCsn3yzpIntQ&t
You just had to open your mouth and remove all doubt, didn't you.

Of course, I seem to be the only one around here that actually has videos to back up the stuff I say instead of grabbing other people's random videos.

Since this is the basic scuba forum, I'll give my opinion for posterity.

For descents, there's two ways. One: it doesn't matter and Two: it matters.

First and foremost. You should be ready to dive. You should not be rolling over the gunwale if there's any doubt. Be ready to go.

Now, most charters, especially those that anchor are going to herd everyone down a line. They'll expect you to signal that your okay once you splash, yadi ya. We seemed to have missed the part about being ready to go (this includes knowing your gear is good and setup/installed properly). For this type of diving, whatever, the descent is trivial.

But for deep water or high current diving and trying to get on to a specific reef or wreck, you need to get to the bottom quick. A good captain is going to position you up current. There's no screwing around on the surface as depicted. You should be, negative, head down and equalizing immediately and often.

It's a must. I couldn't imagine doing so at the site. Imagine the looks you get while trimming and shaving for food good adhesion.
around here the DMs on the boats do it for me

around here the DMs on the boats do it for me

If they are cute female DM's I want on those charters.

As DM/instructor you always have your own ways to go down AND have an eye on your students/guests. Little bit different so it be.

you'll find that the grizled old men do a much better job
On my June trip to Stuart Cove’s (Nassau) my best DM was a sweet little French girl who watched over me closely. I guess I reminded her of her grandfather or something, but she was most solicitous of my well being. I would have her as my DM or DB any time. Picture below shows her casually watching over her charges.
🐸

Attachments

• MICR0111.jpeg
    MICR0111.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 86

Back
Top Bottom