How deep have you gone and why ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

40 meters (132 Feet) Needed it for my deep diver speciality. Been on that depth on several differ occasions, ranging from wreck dives and for instruction purpose. Notmuch to see at that depth here though.

Mike...I'm not getting the pics for some reason....and I'd like to see them.

I like to go deep, 134 feet at the Caissons in CA (with MaxBottomtime) was the deepest. The sand was at 145 and since we had the RARE occasion of excellent viz, I looked at Max and we were both thinking the same thing...lets bounce down...only another 11 feet or so. But...actually...we were good divers. We planned the dive and dived the plan. I was on a single tank, I believe he was either on doubles or a 130 cf, either way we had plenty of air...just didn't do it because it wasn't in the plan. Tempting tho....

While i love being deep (100+feet) I have lately decided it's better and alot less effort to hang around 80 feet on a good mix and enjoy the still clear head and nice long bottom time. I can hang around at 80-90 feet and start heading up with about 5 minutes BTR, do a deep and a long stop at 15-20, and comfortably surface with greater than 1000 psi. Just nice to play it safe....I want to be diving a LONG time.

That being said...yeah...if there is something to see...I'm game to go deeper as long as it's a good decision, not one made narced on the spur of the moment. Usually. :crafty:

37,18 m (122 Ft) was the max
Why? Good question. The dive was planned to be a 30m dive but the current was sucking us down....
Where? Cozumel Mexico

Honestly it must be a good, good reason to go that deep....because the dive is short, no much light, no much to see...

Me

145 feet.

School of hammerhead. 25th dive.

But now, even below 75 feet is deep in my dictionary.
I prefer to hang above that and enjoy long and good dive, unless I dive for special purpose, wreck, and school of hammerhead and big stuffs.

178fsw for 20 minutes. That was conducting a training dive and we were still hovering ~45 feet above the plane wreck we will evenutally explore at 225fsw.

(21/45 w/50% and 100% deco bottles)

HilaryRN71:
Mike...I'm not getting the pics for some reason....and I'd like to see them.

Mike posted those in September 2004, they may well be off his server.

102 feet at Witches Hut on Bonaire. Heading south from the entry there was a huge 10-12 inch pipe rising from the bottom at about 130 feet and toping out at about 98 feet. On the pipe at around 102 feet was a cluster of tube sponges. Did a clear water swim out and around.

I was diving EAN33 (MOD 106) so that was about the end of the game.

Pete

...to earn money.

DSD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom