how come the mask will move up and down during a dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's just my vintage rig and I wear a new mask with my regular kit and that was what I was describing, even though it does work with the old school oval.

Bob
--------------------------
I may be old, but I'm not dead yet.

What mask are you currently using? Another thing is you have a bushy mustache which means if and when you breath out through your nose, air will most likely come out from the bottom not the top as in the video.

You have see the vid of her blowing air outta the mask... I doubt any mask will stay on with that volume of air she's expelling. Do you think her breathing out through her mask will help her issue?

Of all the masks I have tried, the only one that I'm able to breath out from my nose gently and still remain on is the Tusa m23. Most of my modern masks will wobble and leak if I tried to do the same.

Just finished pool session with her. Is the mask too loose, therefore it's moving up and down. Plus bubble coming up from the top.

Guess she need to practice breathing through the mouth.

---------- Post added December 6th, 2012 at 11:39 PM ----------

Got her to breath out from the nose and the bubble came out from the bottom after passing her a tighten mask. But she told me she is more comfortable with harder skirting compared to shadow.

Back
Top Bottom