How come Discovery scuba is so expensive in Key Largo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These are your children. How about putting safety ahead of a couple hundred bucks cost and get them certified? Might save a lung expansion injury.

theskull
You don't know me. You don't kown my children. You don't know how I parent them.

So STOP accusing me of not putting safety first for my children. I did NOT ask you how to NOT put safety first for my children.

Don't you wrap them in bubble wrap and drive them to school each day in an armored tank?

Might save them from a whiplash type of injury.

No way you put them in a regular car or ...gasp.... a school bus.... just to save a few bucks. This is safety we're talking about here.

:)

Did any locals shoot you yet. I heard in the US you can buy guns so easily.

New Jersey, the state (province) I'm in prohibits guns for law abiding, productive citizens; they're reserved for the criminal element. The law abiding, productive citizen is the one who gets prosecuted since they are the ones who can afford to, 1. hire their own lawyers as opposed to taxpayer funded public defenders and, 2. pay the fine thus increasing the states coffers. It's simple economics! What we have an abundance of is professional welfare recipients (it's our culture!), corrupt politicians, outrageously expensive auto insurance and the highest real estate taxes in our country. FL, I understand, is different.

Will you people leave him alone for heaven's sake? The Key Largo dive charters safely take thousands of people, kids and teens included, out every month and do you think any of them took freediving lessons? Gimme a break. The most likely injury the kids could suffer is a jellyfish sting, or maybe a black and blue if they aren't careful and fall down while the boat is underway. SHEESH. Everyone is dogpiling on our Canadian visitor. Knock it off.

If I had lots of money, and if my sons will be getting lots of diving soon after that, then yes it makes sense to get them certified.

Do the math, and get them certified.

You'll save money over the long term.

Do the math, and get them certified.

You'll save money over the long term.

Just because he doesn't want to hear it doesn't mean it's not the best advice!
People can often be persuaded to make a new, better, decision when many others point out the advantages.

Safety, cost savings, the kids' pride of accomplishment, convenience of being able to just book a dive rather than find yet another DSD offering, the list goes on.

theskull

So please stop telling me I should spend the money to get them certified.
It looks like the non-Floridians just can't help themselves tonight with the dispensing of unwanted advice. Aren't there a few other threads on SB that need attending to?

Go see my friend, Capt Slate from Atlantis Dive Center: (800) 331-3483. Tell him NetDoc sent you.

Here, you will get what you pay for: quality time and safety. No, he won't cut corners on his boats and/or safety. The cool part? he has glass bottomed boats that can allow bubble watchers to see the reef too so no one feels left out.

Will it be cheap? No, but go ahead and ask for the ScubaBoard discount. There are a lot of shops in the Keys who will give that to you.

Go see my friend, Capt Slate from Atlantis Dive Center: (800) 331-3483. Tell him NetDoc sent you.

Here, you will get what you pay for: quality time and safety. No, he won't cut corners on his boats and/or safety. The cool part? he has glass bottomed boats that can allow bubble watchers to see the reef too so no one feels left out.

Will it be cheap? No, but go ahead and ask for the ScubaBoard discount. There are a lot of shops in the Keys who will give that to you.
I already signed up for the Creature Feture dive with Capt. Slate for March 12. I look forward to that. Like to get my family snorkeling and figuring out which trip(s) to have them snorkeling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom