How can this happen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you. I already got a free hose replacement from the shop. I was just wondering what to do with this one.
In theory it can have a new hose end installed. In practice, it's not worth the time, effort or $$.
Hose Repair Kit, 3/8

Just huck it in the trash

Thank you. I already got a free hose replacement from the shop. I was just wondering what to do with this one.

16372828824686058384267915166600.jpg

:wink:

To be, finger tight or wrench tight is the question ?

I just received my new octopus (brand new) from factory and while taking the cover cap off this happened. The tip of the male end broke off. I thought this was steel or metal fitting and not a paste cover with zinc fitting.

View attachment 689293
That failure is actually quite shocking and inexcusable. If it had been just a liiiittle bit stronger that could have occurred during a dive with potentially disastrous results. Worst case - when being pulled on by an OOA buddy and draining your tank rapidly. Have you contacted Scubapro directly? As a fairly reputable (and not cheap) manufacturer I would expect them to be all over this one.

Can you post some more close-up pictures from different angles? Interested to see if there are obvious machining defects or voids in a casting.

That failure is actually quite shocking and inexcusable. If it had been just a liiiittle bit stronger that could have occurred during a dive with potentially disastrous results. Worst case - when being pulled on by an OOA buddy and draining your tank rapidly. Have you contacted Scubapro directly? As a fairly reputable (and not cheap) manufacturer I would expect them to be all over this one.

Can you post some more close-up pictures from different angles? Interested to see if there are obvious machining defects or voids in a casting.
@OTF I already disposed of the hose, is in the land field. I spoke with Scubapro and the shop. They provided a free replacement within a week including free shipping.

Back
Top Bottom