How can this happen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what makes you think Scubapro makes their own hoses? a hose is a hose, don't worry about who made it because there are only so many hose manufacturers out there, so many fitting manufacturers out there, and so many assemblers that put them together. The logo on the hose doesn't really matter
Actually Scubapro used to make special hoses with a star-shaped inner tube, which leave air passing even if tightly knotted - This at least here at Scubapro Italy. I think they are called the Superflow hoses.
However now they probably reversed to a more "normal" inner tube, at last reading the description given here:

Reactions: OTF
Actually Scubapro used to make special hoses with a star-shaped inner tube, which leave air passing even if tightly knotted - This at least here at Scubapro Italy. I think they are called the Superflow hoses.
However now they probably reversed to a more "normal" inner tube, at last reading the description given here:
They still didn't "make" them though. They probably assembled them in house but there is exactly a 0% chance they extruded the hoses themselves and improbable they made the crimp fittings themselves

My understanding was that the rubber hose was manufactured by Pirelli to Scubapro specs. That inner star-section tube was really unique!
And of course it required special star-shaped fittings at the end, the standard ones only fit circular hoses.
The fittings were chromed brass, and manufactured at the same brass foundry and workshop where the metal parts of their regs are still built today.
It is a factory near Genoa. I visited all these factories in the eighties...

I would like to have a spare hose since I already have three (3) R195 Octo's. Both my sons and I use this Octo on our sets. Where can I find a Scubapro Octo regulator hose factory OEM?
LOL, it does not matter what Scubapro did, does or did not. OP, just get yourself a new hose or a new set for spare. I prefer braided hoses but rubber or braided, as you prefer, you can get them at Dive Gear Express or here for a fraction of the cost and better quality to boot:

They even have Scubapro blue! Just what you need for an octo:

But, again, I prefer braided hoses for my travel regs, rubber is fine for the regs I tote about in my truck but if I got to get on the big jet airplane, make mine braided please!

James

LOL, it does not matter what Scubapro did, does or did not. OP, just get yourself a new hose or a new set for spare. I prefer braided hoses but rubber or braided, as you prefer, you can get them at Dive Gear Express or here for a fraction of the cost and better quality to boot:

They even have Scubapro blue! Just what you need for an octo:

But, again, I prefer braided hoses for my travel regs, rubber is fine for the regs I tote about in my truck but if I got to get on the big jet airplane, make mine braided please!

James
Thank you James. I am waiting on a response from the shop before I purchase another hose.

Thank you James. I am waiting on a response from the shop before I purchase another hose.

On the other hand, it never hurts to have another hose lying about. :wink:

I just received my new octopus (brand new) from factory and while taking the cover cap off this happened. The tip of the male end broke off. I thought this was steel or metal fitting and not a paste cover with zinc fitting.

View attachment 689293

Question to the general SB public.
Is it worth the cost and trouble to replace the fitting, or better purchase a brand new hose?

octo-jpg.689293

Question to the general SB public.
Is it worth the cost and trouble to replace the fitting, or better purchase a brand new cable?

octo-jpg.689293
Nope. That is a failed hose, just replace it. I recall seeing make your own hose type fittings in the past, but if if it a standard length, it isn't worth the hassle or expense.

Nope. That is a failed hose, just replace it. I recall seeing make your own hose type fittings in the past, but if if it a standard length, it isn't worth the hassle or expense.
Thank you. I already got a free hose replacement from the shop. I was just wondering what to do with this one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom