How can this happen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jake 10

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just received my new octopus (brand new) from factory and while taking the cover cap off this happened. The tip of the male end broke off. I thought this was steel or metal fitting and not a paste cover with zinc fitting.

Octo.jpg

Reactions: OTF
Take it back to the shop.

take a picture looking down on the face of the threads you can probable see rust

Reactions: OTF
What regulator is this? Looks like you need a new hose. It appears the fitting has been over torqued at some point. Kinda bad, take it back where you got it from. Or get a new hose.

James

a lot of hoses use cast metal fittings instead of machined, they're fairly easy to damage like that or it may have had a fault from the casting process. Shop you swap it out no problem

What regulator is this? Looks like you need a new hose. It appears the fitting has been over torqued at some point. Kinda bad, take it back where you got it from. Or get a new hose.

James
Octo R195

a lot of hoses use cast metal fittings instead of machined, they're fairly easy to damage like that or it may have had a fault from the casting process. Shop you swap it out no problem
I will contact the shop and send pictures to start the replacement process.

James
I would like to have a spare hose since I already have three (3) R195 Octo's. Both my sons and I use this Octo on our sets. Where can I find a Scubapro Octo regulator hose factory OEM?

I would like to have a spare hose since I already have three (3) R195 Octo's. Both my sons and I use this Octo on our sets. Where can I find a Scubapro Octo regulator hose factory OEM?
what makes you think Scubapro makes their own hoses? a hose is a hose, don't worry about who made it because there are only so many hose manufacturers out there, so many fitting manufacturers out there, and so many assemblers that put them together. The logo on the hose doesn't really matter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom