How can I identify grey market dealers/websites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I buy from those that earn my business. Sometimes that business is online, other times it's a brick and mortar store.
I do keep in mind the importance of throwing bones to the business that is providing my gas fills, and is facilitating my local diving.

Cheers,
Mitch

Most manufacturers have either a list of or a search page for authorized dealers in your area on their websites. So it's pretty easy to tell who is.

Many of the larger online retailers are authorized dealers for most/all of what they carry. One example is Scubatoys.com - everything they sell comes with a full mfr's. warranty.

Most of what LeisurePro.com sells is manufacturer warranteed - gear that isn't comes with their equivalent warranty.

Divers Direct also:
Authorized Dealer – We only sell brand new merchandise purchased directly from the manufacturer.

There's dozens of others also - these are just 3 I've used with no problems.

Where you may run into problems is sites like eBay. I'm not sure what Amazon.com covers either since some of their gear is sold by other scuba dealers thru them - that I would assume would be covered by the dealer agreement that seller has with their mfr. Or maybe Amazon's replacement guarantee is in effect also.

Back
Top Bottom