How are the jellyfish in Bonaire in April/May?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The pelagic tunicates are finally disappearing only to have various fish in the midst of wild spawn cycles. The visibility is not the greatest but will improve as water temperatures become warmer. There are a few small jelly's right now that have a bit of a sting which recedes quickly. :14:

Glad you enjoyed your first trip and look forward to seeing some of your underwater shots.

I will be in bonaire may 16-21st. Are these pelagic tunicates or jellies anything to worry about? How is the vis now? We will be diving at plaza as our home reef.

ajdaniel:
I will be in bonaire may 16-21st. Are these pelagic tunicates or jellies anything to worry about? How is the vis now? We will be diving at plaza as our home reef.

Nothing to worry about. We would grab them and ball the chain up and feed them to reef fish. I only dive in a bathing suit and t-shirt and all was good.

Back
Top Bottom