http://www.diveheart.org/

How about Taking a Live Souvenir?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tico was adopted today. That leaves Lucy and a dozen other kits that are living at the Humane Society shelter. Puppies and adult dogs and cats also need homes!

Whew... I thought you were talking about taking "sea kittens" home!

Wow! :silly: Are we low on stray cats anywhere in the US?

Was this intended for the trips forum...?

No shortage in the US or Canada or many other countries and I encourage anyone who wants a pet to check their local shelters & rescue organizations first. But finding a pet that appeals is an emotional thing and many people fall in love with animals here and take them home.

Why is SBer Macado flying here from Boston today to pick up the black & white kitten? It's a crazy thing to do for a critter he hasn't even met, so he must be very committed -- emotionally and now financially -- to this animal's happiness and well-being. Today, Macado's a hero in Cozumel!

I'm merely pointing out the option and the opportunity and well as giving the Cozumel Humane Society -- which does a fantastic job -- a little free press.

"SBer Macado flying here from Boston today to pick up the black & white kitten" Wow

What a man !!!!:wink:
Good for macado.....only a real man admits to loving cats !!:D I think he looks cuter than the kitty on his avatar !!:)...maybe he'd consider going up for adoption along with his new kitty when he gets home.

.....only a real man admits to loving cats
I like cats; keep several in the barn. Some people like to live with them, and that's nice. Seems odd to fly in acquire that one when the local shelter probly has many just like the picture and could put the money to other uses, but his call.

I see strays on the streets in Coz at times and wonder what they do to prevent those but figure I shouldn't start on trying to change a foreign culture.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

moved out of the Marketplace. Nothing for sale here....

My girlfriend adopted a couple of kittens from the SPCA in Singapore about a decade ago. I offered to buy her something from Tiffany's, but she wanted kittens instead. I thought, "Deal!" Silly me. After dragging those two cats around the world a couple of times, paying their airfare and veterinary bills, buying special hypo-allergenic food, replacing leather club chairs, etc, I would have been better off buying my girlfriend a Porsche.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom