Houston Area Dive Locations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kawika

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Folks...

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend some dive locations in & around the Greater Houston area.

Thanks...

Kawika

First of all, Welcome to the board.
You may want to try Twin Lakes. It's located near to you on Highway 6 in Manvel about a mile east of Highway 288. This is also a good location because it is home base for the Southern edition of the Swampers.
A couple of other places are Lost Lake and "The Reef". I can't recommend either place for various reasons.
There is also Blue Lagoon located north of Huntsville.
At least you can get wet.
Enjoy,
Larry

Hey Larry...

I'll be doing my check out dives at the Blue Lagoon this weekend. My wife did her check out dives at Twin Lakes last year...but I have never been there personally. Can you elaborate on why you can't recommend Lost Lake or "The Reef"?

Thanks...

Kawika

The water quality is poor. There have been equipment theft at one of the locations.
Good luck this weekend.
Larry

Ah...two things that are definitely bad news for potential dive sites. I'm just hoping not to run into any alligators during any dives... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom