Hotels in Port Ghalib area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a_lamonta

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,
I'm heading to Egypt in September, will be my 10th time there, but 1st outside of Sharm.
I'm booked with Emperor out of Port Ghalib, 1-week liveaboard, and 1-week local boat diving (4 days before and 3 after the liveaboard).
The last thing I need to book is the hotel for those 7 nights. Obviously, the easiest option when diving with Emperor would be Marina Lodge, as the dive center is in the hotel. But TripAdvisor reviews are iffy on that one, warm beer, and cockroaches (not sure which is worse...)
So given that I'll be on a dive boat every day, not exactly using the hotel etc... but I would like a cold beer and no cockroaches when I get back after a day of diving.
Has anyone been to the area that can recommend hotels? I'm seeing some north and south of Port Ghalib that look nice, but I have no concept of how far they are since I've never been to the area... And I know not to expect a super nightlife there, it's not Sharm, but that's exactly why when I go to Sharm I stay in Sharks Bay, not Na'ama bay... I like the quiet with a few shops and cafés

I stayed at Marina Lodge in 2016 Emperor Divers and Marina Lodge Hotel April 2016 It was not 5 star but I had very comfortabe room with good A/C and acceptable internet, nice pools, good food, cold beer, no cockroaches. It was extremely convenient for going out with Emperor Divers. It is located across the marina from the shops and restaurants, they have a shuttle, if that is important.

Of course, this was a couple of years ago. Best of luck on your trip

Edit: sorry, using a tablet while visiting France, link did not paste in original message:

Emperor Divers and Marina Lodge Hotel April 2016

Was at Marina Lodge earlier this year no issues at all. Food was reasonable AC worked, bed comfortable, internet acceptable and it was inexpensive - dive shop right there. Easy shuttle to the Port.

Back
Top Bottom