Hotel Lorena Now Hotel Caribe Blu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

curtissqd

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Folks

Yes GGUN is correct - Hotel Lorena is now the Hotel Caribe Blu - in fact I watched them painting on the new name on the hotel and was extremely vocal in some recommendations for making the hotel more diver/guest friendly - all of which they really want to implement.

We just spent 3 weeks there and went through the ownership change.

Already Ale & Sophia have put into place a new manager - Maya who along with Luis Quintana (Manager of Blue Angel) are really making the place a real hit. They are fixing everything and would love to know what divers want most.

My recommendations were things like:
- quiet A/C & possibly ceiling fans as an choice (**being done)
- security (for equipment, money, etc. - hotel safe) (**being done)
- small fridge (cold beer, etc.) - though they do have a community fridge for anyone to use
- deadbolts/locks on doors (already done

All in all, had a very nice time there - I looked at moving but love the quiet simplicity and the proximity to a great dive op - Blue Angel

BTW, if you need any help booking or with information contact Jeanie Buscher - she is awesome (she is there right now helping with the transition)

US Contact - CARIBE BLU HOTEL
FORMERLY THE LORENA HOTEL
http://www.cozumel-hotels.net/la-reina/index.htm
Beach Front Hotel
Mexico Phone
011 52 987 872 0188
US Toll Free
1-866-779-9986

Feel free to contact me to ask me about them as they are great people.

Curtis
:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom