Caribe Blu update.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took some pictures so will try to post when I return to Canada in another week or so. But the changes are impressive. One of note is that they have installed solar panels on the roof to heat the water so no more cold showers! Í can´t figure out why more people here don´t use solar since the source is plentiful and cheap! The new owners are very much hands on and are present throughout the day, circulating with guests and supervising the changes. They´ve added an evening meal that may be purchased...last I heard was roast chicken, veggies etc.

The bathrooms facing the dive shop are being redone with tile and toilet seats! There are carts now to haul the tanks and they plan to put a ramp from the sidewalk adjacent to the stairs to aid in the transfer of tanks. I´m told that all the staff are delighted with the changes, the spiffing up and the new owners´approach to business management in general.

It´s looking very good. I have to wonder when these improvements will begin to show up in the costs.

I took some pictures so will try to post when I return to Canada in another week or so. But the changes are impressive. One of note is that they have installed solar panels on the roof to heat the water so no more cold showers! ŽÍ canŽ´t figure out why more people here donŽ´t use solar since the source is plentiful and cheap! The new owners are very much hands on and are present throughout the day, circulating with guests and supervising the changes. TheyŽ´ve added an evening meal that may be purchased...last I heard was roast chicken, veggies etc.

The bathrooms facing the dive shop are being redone with tile and toilet seats! There are carts now to haul the tanks and they plan to put a ramp from the sidewalk adjacent to the stairs to aid in the transfer of tanks. IŽ´m told that all the staff are delighted with the changes, the spiffing up and the new ownersŽ´approach to business management in general.

ItŽ´s looking very good. I have to wonder when these improvements will begin to show up in the costs.

I'll be wondering the same thing. Can't wait to see pics.

Ok...here you go with pics of the new or revised Caribe Blu.

restaurant seating added onto:
P1108767.jpg

more restaurant:
RendezBlu.jpg

P1108749.jpg

Lobby:
Lobby.jpg

P1108742.jpg

Dock:
P1108733.jpg

Solar water heaters on top of hotel:
P1108731.jpg

Renovations to main bathroom by dive shop:
P1108780.jpg

and the food in the restaurant at night is SPECTACULAR!!!

Thanks for posting some pictures! It looks fabulous! I can't wait to get back there.

Thanks for the pics jjwdiver. Have they finished leveling the area between the lobby and the pool?

it appears to be close, but not yet. I'll get a pic up tomorrow on that. Sorry...thought of it and, well...had a cervesa and wandered off! :D

i can reply to this part of the message...we are working with our 4th business to complete our garden but unfortunately for some reason it is difficult to even get a quote here for work...almost ready to haul the wheel barrow myself with the turf and bushes...wouldnt that make a funny picture?

Thanks Eva. We will be there on the 19th.

Thanks for the very nice report and update on the changes. I stayed there in mid-Nov when they first started and it's nice to see what's occured since then. The pics are great too. I like the change of having the morning boat leave at 8, I'm an early riser and this is great. Are there any other changes coming to the dive operation? It seems to work very well they way it is, just curious. There were a couple times I would have like to go ashore for the surface interval, but that probably adds to their costs and it was no big deal. The little restaurant was great, ate there every day for breakfast and lunch. There is certainly charm in the whole operation here, and I think it will stay that way. Hopefully diver costs will not increase significantly. I'm a cheapskate so if they do I would be tempted to look elsewhere.

One big change still needed, the website! It has some potential for sure. Maybe they can hire a webmaster for the redesign and offer free diving/hotel in trade!

Is it true that Pedro and Eyal are selling Villas Las Anclas?
We stayed there in '06 and had a great time... that place will not be the same without them.

Maybe someone with more recent knowledge can answer, but I have heard Pedro and Eyal are leaving Cozumel and Las Anclas will be sold. Too bad, they were nice guys. I stayed there in 2006. However, I definitely prefered staying right on the water at Caribe Blu.

Can't wait to return to Coz and visit Blue Angel Resort again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom