Hotel & Dive Shop recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale or Palm Beach areas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver:
I would not drive that far to rent tanks, you could just rent them at the boat. If you beach dive, there are dive shops pretty close to all the beaches. FE has a great rep, but I've never been there because I just wouldn't drive that far for air (I don't do mixed gas).
I wouldn't drive to fill express either just to rent tanks... unless

1) you really want steel tanks (100's, 119's, 120's etc...)
2) you really want nitrox

Otherwise... all boats have tanks. Usually AL 80's (for rent) and Nitrox sometimes.

howarde:
I wouldn't drive to fill express either just to rent tanks... unless

1) you really want steel tanks (100's, 119's, 120's etc...)
2) you really want nitrox

Otherwise... all boats have tanks. Usually AL 80's (for rent) and Nitrox sometimes.

If you decide to dive Jupiter (which I HIGHLY recommend), go with Capt. Paul, and the Temptation. On that boat you can get SS100's filled with EANX36 for an additional charge.

Splashdown Divers in Boynton has Nitrox. Howarde can give you the rundown as I think it's who he dives with most. But I dove with them while last in FL, and they ran a really nice Op. I even think I got AL100's which I really did not need, but at no extra charge if I recall vs. Nitrox 80's. More air is never a bad thing!

I appreciate all the feedback - your tips are helpful, and one of these days I'll actually book something. I mean, I have two whole weeks:wink:.

There are a couple things I haven't seen posted and wonder if somone might touch on them briefly...
  1. Do any of the LSD's mentioned in this thread offer overnight gear storage? If so, what are your observations on how secure gear is left overnight? As travelers from the black-hole of the mid-west, it would be nice not to have to schlug gear back and forth.
  2. For those hoteliers, has any one hotel stood out with regard to facilities for rinsing and hanging gear? I have yet to read one post that touts any hotel as being 'diver-friendly' suggesting to me they are all tub and closet facilities.
Prior to my wife and kids joining me, I hope to explore the very areas of this thread. I'll look here on Scubaboard for anyone venturing out Nov 17-18!

Thanks again!

Rick

xric:
[*]Do any of the LSD's mentioned in this thread offer overnight gear storage? If so, what are your observations on how secure gear is left overnight? As travelers from the black-hole of the mid-west, it would be nice not to have to schlug gear back and forth.
They might... You'd have to ask.
xric:
[*]For those hoteliers, has any one hotel stood out with regard to facilities for rinsing and hanging gear? I have yet to read one post that touts any hotel as being 'diver-friendly' suggesting to me they are all tub and closet facilities.[/LIST]Prior to my wife and kids joining me, I hope to explore the very areas of this thread. I'll look here on Scubaboard for anyone venturing out Nov 17-18!
I don't know of any diver friendly hotels with rinse buckets, but most (if not all) dive ops have some form of rinse tank and/or hoses with fresh water to rinse gear.

RonFrank:
If you decide to dive Jupiter (which I HIGHLY recommend), go with Capt. Paul, and the Temptation. On that boat you can get SS100's filled with EANX36 for an additional charge.

Splashdown Divers in Boynton has Nitrox. Howarde can give you the rundown as I think it's who he dives with most. But I dove with them while last in FL, and they ran a really nice Op. I even think I got AL100's which I really did not need, but at no extra charge if I recall vs. Nitrox 80's. More air is never a bad thing!
Great info, thanks! I have heard great things about diving Jupiter.... if only this trip was longer :(. On our way to Cocoa for Thanksgiving, I'll at least swing in to say "Hi" and check 'em out.

Rick
x

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom