Hotel Cozumel in May/June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kat:
Here is another reason why prices are low in May. Spring break is over but school is not out yet. Very few families w/ school age children travel in May and the college kids are taking finals. However, don't think you wont run into kids. Many families with younger children like to travel during May because of the low prices and smaller crowds.

Is the Plaza Las Glorias becoming part of the Mayan Palace time share chain or the Palace Resort (Sun, Moon, Adventure) hotel chain? It sounds like, since it will be all-inclusive, it might be the hotel chain.

Palace Resorts bought Plaza Las Glorias and its sister hotel in Playa del Carmen on the beach directly to the south of the ferry pier. Both hotels are closed right now and being completely renovated.

Thanks guys! We have it narrowed down to Hotel Cozumel and Plaza Las Glorias. Just wish we had a way to track Plaza las Glorias' progress. Sounds like a great place to stay. Any ideas? I might post a second thread in hope of PLG's progress.

Thanks again for the great feedback!

I was there last week. Major construction zone. I dont see how it can reopen by Dcember

You have mentioned two months in your orginal post January and May. If it is Jan you may want to choose Hotel Cozumel.

You need to remember it is island time or Mexican time down there. It can sometimes take longer on big projects. As a matter of fact I can't remember anyone finishing a project here in the states on time or early. It's always late and cost more money :D

parrotheaddiver:
You have mentioned two months in your orginal post January and May. If it is Jan you may want to choose Hotel Cozumel.

You need to remember it is island time or Mexican time down there. It can sometimes take longer on big projects. As a matter of fact I can't remember anyone finishing a project here in the states on time or early. It's always late and cost more money :D

OTOH, The Facility Formerly Known as Plaza las Glorias sits on a valuable piece of land in a resort area, and nobody's making any money with it as long as it is down. There is an impetus for it to be open again as soon as possible. I have seen construction projects on Cozumel be completed surprisingly quickly.

Of course, I have seen others drag on interminably, and some stop completely. You know that big half-finished building just north of the La Ceiba complex? It's looked like that for as long as I can remember.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom