Hot Rodding my Drysuit - Pockets & Valves & Pee Valve Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pockets, take a look at this http://www.whitesdiving.com/index.php?id=63&cid=120 kind of looks cool to me.I'm thinking of doing this with pockets. I have a big bellows pocket with velco, on my right leg, fantastic. My left leg will some day get changed over to the same as the right, there's a flat velcoed pocket on my left, useless. The "puck" pee valve is great like every one else has said. The dump valve on your wrist or cuff is personal prefferance, I've had both, the cuff placment dumps air better ( easier ) then on the shoulder. But if you wear anything on your wrists ( compass, computer, slates, etc. ) it gets in the way. That's what I mean by personal prefferance.

hardhat:
Pockets, take a look at this http://www.whitesdiving.com/index.php?id=63&cid=120 kind of looks cool to me.
Just had a look at this link. Their Pocket Matrix system is an interesting and appealing idea.

However, they say you can add a "myriad" of pockets to this system, and then show only 3 choices. A pretty limited myriad as far as myriads go. Then 2 of those pockets choices appear to be zippers, not a great chocie for many people.

I can't see the last pocket that well, looks to be velcro, but might be two compartments by the look of the small picture...

jagfish:
Just had a look at this link. Their Pocket Matrix system is an interesting and appealing idea.

However, they say you can add a "myriad" of pockets to this system, and then show only 3 choices. A pretty limited myriad as far as myriads go. Then 2 of those pockets choices appear to be zippers, not a great chocie for many people.

I can't see the last pocket that well, looks to be velcro, but might be two compartments by the look of the small picture...

The thing with the Pocket Matrix that is appealing is the fact that you are able to change to what ever pocket you want for a given dive or remove what ever you would like when ever you want. As far as not having much of a choice for styles and sizes of pockets you are correct, but in my world you symplely (?) have what you want made up out of balistic nylon and or webbing, to your own specifications. It's also nice that you can angle a pocket to what ever you need or want. Hope my blithering makes some sence here.

jagfish:
A pretty limited myriad as far as myriads go...

I'm still laughing...

---
Ken

jagfish:
How does the pocket attach to the Matrix?

I'm not entirely sure how the pockets attach, but looking at the base plate I would think webbing threaded through the base plate and back of the pocket, using a ladderloc on either end of the webbing. Just a thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom