Hospital Hole a bust today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

r1_addict

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So we go up to Hospital Hole on the Wiki Wachee river today and there was ZERO viz. The sulfur cloud went from 5' to well past 92. We could not really go deeper as we were using Nitrox 30, plus that fact it was like diving in milk! My son and I were about 6 inches apart, anything further was out of the question.

We were able to get a little fun and did a pretty cool drift down the river back to Rogers Park.

I have dove that hole with similar conditions and the cloud wasnt the sulfer layer. It was run-off from the river.
It looks like the sulfer layer but it doesnt TASTE like it! LOL.
Sorry to hear your dive report! Some of my dive buds and I went to the McDill air show instead of diving today! Weather conditions just werent good for diving.

I've seen it that way as well. Not a fun dive when it gets that way. It's usually a really nice dive with clear water down to the cloud at about 90'.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom