Hoseless SPG with transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldie and a goodie. It has helped turn a very sketchy situation into one that was mildly irritating. It also let's me solo without the wife caring beyond wanting a text before and after getting wet. I practice what I preach.
I’ve got a few of those Sherwoods.

I think 1st Stages have a positive bleed that causes a little teeny tiny Zizzzzzz of bubbles which can create absolute panic in the “younger” divers nearby.

What if, what if, what if??
Bubble check your stuff first and make sure it’s not leaking. Keep your stuff serviced and in good shape. De-tune your pony reg so it won’t free flow.
If you’re diving that deep any relying on a pony for bailout then maybe consider going to backmount doubles with two regs and isolator valve.
If you’re worried about losing all your gas out of your backmount pony then switch to a slung pony instead with a short SPG and then you can pressurize and shut it down like you would a stage/deco bottle. You turn it on only when you need it.
All this has already been figured out in the tech world long ago.
What if, what if, what if, is exactly what tec divers ask themselves. I don't dive doubles and I don't dive slung pony. So I'd like to keep an eye on my pressure. That's me. I don't expect it to work for others.

To my knowledge, only some Shearwater and some Ratio computers can display two transmitters/pressures at the same time, when they're in sidemount mode. There may be other computers too, I'm not sure.
My Shearwater is one of my favorite pieces of kit indeed. 😊 I don't know what sidemount mode means, but it's very easy with the Shearwater to set datafields so that 2 transmitters show gas. My primary is a big datafield and my pony is a small datafield with 2 other pieces of information (SGF and mini compass for now) in that square.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom