Hose Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

utdivermatt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone,
I am about to buy a new regualtor, and am currently debating about going to a long hose. I am planning to move into both wreck and cave diving in the not too distint future, and plan to use this regulator to get me into that (Its going to be a Dive Rite 2500). Anyways, doing some reading I know most people seem to route their long hose using their canister light. I, however, do not have a canister light, and dont see myself having one for several months at the minimum. How is it diving without the light there? I dont want it to be a problem to switch to the long hose, because I want to get use to it, but it concerns me I wont be near as streamline with it until I get a light. Thanks for any help!

-Matt

utdivermatt:
How is it diving without the light there?
a PITA, but it can be done. (Tuck the excess hose in the waist strap.)

JeffG:
a PITA, but it can be done. (Tuck the excess hose in the waist strap.)

I did it for months without having a can light...

If you don't know any better, it isn't much of a PITA... After you take DIRF you'd be horrified to see big loops of long hose hanging off your body, but before you know any better it works absolutely fine...

before i had a can light and x-shorts, i had a dive rite pocket. i routed under the pocket - no worries! i've heard of folks routing under a knife, under a weight pocket, just tucking...lots of options.

I just keep a pair of paramedic shears in a sheath on my right side when I'm not wearing my can light. The hose tucks underneath nicely.

Tucked into the waist strap. I dive long hose with all my configurations, including WWW diving in the tropics. I don't use a can light during the day on those dives. I simply tuck the hose. However, you must have your waist strap tight enough to hold the hose there.

Another option is to tuck it into bands wrapped around your tank. I haven't ever done this and don't think it's a great idea. It makes the S-drill difficult (especially since you'd have to tuck the hose back in) and could potentially create other problems because the hose is tucked in behind you.

I suggest you just buy a can light now and get it over with. You know you want one. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom