Hose Length

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am guessing that the way you are routing the hose causes a loop to hang down while you are diving (please correct me if I am wrong). I am not saying your setup is wrong, but do you see an advantage to not running the hose around your neck?

One of the reasons to route the hose around your neck in the Hogarthian setup is that it keeps the hose tight to your body to avoid entanglement.

No loop first I am a big guy 6'2" 250 so there is a lot of me front to back and second I just forgot to add the slight tuck under the can light if in use or just the waste strap if the can light stayed home. I just don't like the additional hose running across my check and around my neck. It is just me but it feels cluttered and awkward. If I was doing confined diving where I would ever need to swim single file I am sure I would adjust

No loop first I am a big guy 6'2" 250 so there is a lot of me front to back and second I just forgot to add the slight tuck under the can light if in use or just the waste strap if the can light stayed home. I just don't like the additional hose running across my check and around my neck. It is just me but it feels cluttered and awkward. If I was doing confined diving where I would ever need to swim single file I am sure I would adjust

I'm guessing your reg hose doesn't interfere with your light cord as much as it does with the normal hog setup, that's probably an advantage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom