Horrible service from lds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fl_Ocean_Lover

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i took a class almost 3 weeks ago with American divers international in Merritt island and padis site still has no record of me taking the class. I have emailed and called the shop many times with no response. I will not be doing business with adi again. Has any one else had any issues with them?

Last edited:
I am not familiar with that shop,... however a couple of suggestions,... Instead, look up the instructor &/ or shop to make sure they are currently registered. If they have not renewed, they will not be able to issue cards. Most agencies require their instructors to submit for cards within a few days of the completion of the course. If they are not current, you may even be able register a complaint with PADI- it usually has to be a written letter, but give them a call to get specific instructions to get the ball rolling.

It sucks that LDS can take money from people and do a dive course, yet not be a paid up member of a diver training establishment and get away with taking money under false pretences. I would hope that there are sufficient penalties in place to prevent this from happening, but I suspect not.

I hope the op above is not in this situation.

I checked the instructor and padi's page says he is good to go. Guess I'll be calling padi in the morning. I have his signature and number in my log book along with the stamps from the charter in pompano beach. Can't believe I paid the extra money for a private class to get this mess.

I live in Merritt Island and go through the shop. They are not bad. Call DJ or Annette specifically. One instructor is out right now so that may be some of the difficulty. I do not work for them so take this what it is worth.

i took a class almost 3 weeks ago with American divers international in Merritt island and padis site still has no record of me taking the class. I have emailed and called the shop many times with no response. I will not be doing business with adi again. Has any one else had any issues with them?

It sounds like all the sections of your logbook have been filled out. The two referral pages have all the individual sections filled out with the date completed, his number, initials, and signed that both the Knowledge Reviews and Open Water dives have been completed, correct. You signed the safe diver statements as well, presumably.

If he processed your certification via paper form, you should have received a temporary card right away - you have to sign that form as well. Obviously that wasn't the route taken.

If he processed your certification via the online form, you should have received an email immediately showing your certification.

Do you remember which was done?

He has seven days to process the certification with PADI upon completion, baring some limited conditions.

Once the paperwork has been processed at galactic headquarters, it can take a couple of weeks to get your final card to you (sometimes much less, sometimes a little longer)

Keep us informed as to what transpires.

Yes all dives are complete. He took my pic with a digital camera. They told me they submit electronically. We are going on 3 weeks from the last dive so the 7 days is out the window.
It sounds like all the sections of your logbook have been filled out. The two referral pages have all the individual sections filled out with the date completed, his number, initials, and signed that both the Knowledge Reviews and Open Water dives have been completed, correct. You signed the safe diver statements as well, presumably.

If he processed your certification via paper form, you should have received a temporary card right away - you have to sign that form as well. Obviously that wasn't the route taken.

If he processed your certification via the online form, you should have received an email immediately showing your certification.

Do you remember which was done?

He has seven days to process the certification with PADI upon completion, baring some limited conditions.

Once the paperwork has been processed at galactic headquarters, it can take a couple of weeks to get your final card to you (sometimes much less, sometimes a little longer)

Keep us informed as to what transpires.

My instructor and I spoke. He told me the shop has issues adhering to the 7 day padi policy and I should file a formal complaint with padi which I did. Let's see what happens next.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom