horrible lately

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MantaRey:
Where's the 80ft vis? I hear that up here in west palm it's starting to clear when you get close to the gulfstream. But as kramer said there's another front coming down tonight, by thursday noaa predicted 8-10... so divide that by two, it'll be 4-5. That should toss up some silt near the shore.

And I love cold water, while I was working in Ecuador the diving there was great; the humboldt current was awesome, kept the water clear and cold. But no snow of course. heh.

It can be rough and clear at the same time, in fact some of the best vis I've seen has been when it's rough. If the wind blows out of the east it tends to push the good water in.

Kev- I saw real good water on the 21st. Everyone I have been talking to further confirms what you are reporting about the good diving conditions right now.

I reported for training today to find out that it was cancelled. If I had only know an hour earlier I'd be on a boat right now... oh well.. I have laundry to do...

(i went on vacation and washed this shirt...)

Eric

Went out yesterday and the vis was terrible, seas were 2' rollers, and the water temp was up at 76 degrees. Had a rumor a tail of the gulfstream came in last week bringing blue water and 82 degrees to Looe Key. Of course, that's the day I didn't go out :(

Not likely to get any better for the next few days at least. We need winds out of the south/southeast for our good vis.

Rachel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom