horizon divers key largo - buddy wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bassplayer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm staying in Key Largo for the next few weeks, and doing some diving with horizon. So far I've just been diving the Spiegel Grove over and over, I'm happy to just keep doing that and also open to trying other sites.

I'm not solo certified and Horizon doesn't do instabuddies; would be cool to find someone to dive with vs having to arrange a guide every time. Anyone around Key Largo and feel like getting some dives in?

Just for fun i attached a few gopro frames from this weekend.

Attachments

• SG_flag.jpg
    SG_flag.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 23
  • SG_radar.JPG
    SG_radar.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 21
  • SG_toilet.jpg
    SG_toilet.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 21
update - i went ahead and got the solo certification on Monday, figured it comes in handy for a lot of the florida dive charters and also i've been solo shore diving a fair bit anyway so good to take the class and learn a few things.

that said still more than happy to buddy up for a dive at some point, dms welcome. had a nice dive with a found buddy here a few days ago so 1 for 1.

I was going to say, get solo certified!

In case for some reason you aren't aware, being solo certified isn't enough to dive solo on most dive charters including Horizon Divers.

I was going to say, get solo certified!

In case for some reason you aren't aware, being solo certified isn't enough to dive solo on most dive charters including Horizon Divers.
what do you mean? they seem happy to let me dive solo now in any case

what do you mean? they seem happy to let me dive solo now in any case

I sort of left out part of the answer to make ya think.

The part about the extra tank, regulator, cutting tool, signal devices, maybe even a spare mask (Islamorada Dive Center required it but didn't actually check).

I sort of left out part of the answer to make ya think.

The part about the extra tank, regulator, cutting tool, signal devices, maybe even a spare mask (Islamorada Dive Center required it but didn't actually check).
gotcha, I already had those bases covered for tech diving

Hey there. I am in Honduras for another week+ and have some dives planned when I get back home, so not sure our dates align with my schedule, but generally try to hit up the big wrecks on Key Largo once or twice a month (I'm Miami-based). I am solo and tec certified, but I prefer to do the SG/Duane/Eagle as two recreational double-dips. (I generally do not dive the SG solo, as I do like to penetrate - nothing crazy)

Feel free to shoot me a DM.

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom