Hoping to get back into the water this summer...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moogyboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hey all

I wanted to post a quick hello here since I haven't posted anything substantial in a good long time, but yes, I'm still alive. There have been rather significant adjustments to my lifestyle in the past year which have left me without much time or spare money for a lot of my leisure stuff, including diving and posting here. I actually got in only one dive last year...around this time of year, in fact. Lost my watch too. :-/ I hate to think that for whatever reason I've started drifting away from the hobby (like I did with anime, for example...I still lament that one) and by gum I'm not gonna let that happen with diving. Hopefully if I can get in some diving this summer I'll not only be back to somewhat regular status here on SB but there'll be some more of the richness back in my life that my new challenges on the homefront have dampened a bit. I'm planning on taking my first plunge of the summer in the next week or two, and thanks to my connection at the YMCA (I work there, remember) I'm going to finally try to get my AOW cert and perhaps beyond that this summer.

(I have to admit: it's not a loss of a job or a death or anything heavy like that. The big change is that I went from being a lonely bachelor to having my dear girlfriend move from New Jersey to live with me. :) I'm not sorry at all for that--she's great--but certainly there's been less free time and a lot more expense without an increase in my income as yet. I'm sure you ex-singles can relate.)

Anyway, gotta get back to the ol' jobbo here...

cheers

Billy S.

Moogyboy:
The big change is that I went from being a lonely bachelor to having my dear girlfriend move from New Jersey to live with me. :)

LOL that'll definitely do it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom