Hope to dive from Kitty Hawk Saturday, April 17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rharvey

Reaction score
I would like to find an opportunity to dive out of the Kitty Hawk area on Saturday, April 17. I know this is early for the season, but that is the day I have available. I do have a drysuit.

Amy at Outer Banks Diving tells me that their boat will be running farther south (Morehead City ?) until perhaps mid-May. I've left a phone message with Captain Crockett of Ghost Fleet Diving. Any thoughts to share or recommendations would be appreciated.

I've just returned from a week of much different diving at CoCo View on Roatan.

Thanks

Amy at Outer Banks Diving is in Cape Hatteras, about a 1 hour trip by car, early in the morning pre-season.
After re-reading your post I guess Amy & Johnny have their boat somewhere else & not Hatteras? I know they like to run down to Wilmington to hunt some teeth.

Try Bill at Outer Banks Dive Center, Nags Head, North Carolina this is Outer Banks Dive Center & is in NO way connected.
The shop is in Nags Head 10 minutes from Kitty Hawk.
There is also some shore diving there, but I prefer deeper water.

Keep us informed & maybe me & a friend or 2 might make the trip, it's only about 1 1/2 hours south of me.

Hi RAD Diver,

Thanks for the recommendation. I've left a voicemail for Bill at Outer Banks Diving, and also Captain Crockett with Ghost Fleet Dive Charters. No reply from either of them as yet.

Perhaps there is too little demand for service in mid-April. I'll provide an update if and as I get some options identified.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom