Hope Page inspired double hose mouthpiece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't forgotten, or stopped this project... Just went through a spell of getting my butt kicked by it! For a 3d printing hobbiest, this is what sadness looks like;
15867869537857272152485546672715.jpg
That was 4.5 hours unto a 5 hour print... And it was followed by another print fail 4 hours in due to a communication dropout (I should have printed from the sd card instead over over usb).
However, I seem to have it solved... 1 set of wagon flanges to print, then I send one out to @Frogkicker , my test dummy... I mean beta tester for the version done to take VDH wagon wheels.
Hopefully I'll be wrapping it up after work tonight.
Thanks, all, for the insight, advice, and encouragement.
Respectfully
James

@James79

I am excited to see the finished product.

I appreciate all the time, effort, and $ you have put into this.

I have met some truly good people on this forum,

THANK YOU!!

@James79

I am excited to see the finished product.

I appreciate all the time, effort, and $ you have put into this.

I have met some truly good people on this forum,

THANK YOU!!
No worries... I'm excited to put it in the pool today to verify if I have the water seepage truly solved!

Time and effort, well, this is my "fun stuff." It's what I get to do, not what I have too. As for money, spools of ABS are pretty cheap... I'm reusing old non returns and mushroom valves... All told I still have less into this than buying 1 repro Aqualung mouthpiece!

I'll post a picture of it in current form in a minute, from my phone.

Complete with 1 1/8 inch gas mask hoses;
20200414_091143.jpg 20200414_091111.jpg
The exhaust duckbill makes the gas mask hose fit fine, but on the inhalation horn I printed a TPU collar to make it fit. If I get water ingress still, I'll switch back to factory hoses and retest (osolate faults.
Respectfully
James

Pool test seems to be a success.... I officially dub this the Death-Wish Engineering Nope-Page Mouthpiece (Survival not guaranteed).
Nope_Page_Pool_Test.jpg
Kid tested, mother dis-approved!
Nope_Page_Ryan.jpg
I'll have one headed to @Frogkicker tomorrow for second opinions, and VDH wagon wheel fit checks.
And yes, I know the gas mask hoses are a tad long. lol

Respectfully,

James

516616-07df557709c37053c58b4cd3aa7659a2.jpg
Kid tested and Mother disapproved !!

Needs to be a label

Love it!!

My Nope-Page showed up today from @James79

Man does it look cool!!! I'll try it out in pool the next few days. I cant wait till I actually get to use it on a dive.

I habent used it yet, but I know without a doubt this will be my favorite piece of dive gear!!

Back
Top Bottom