Hope Page inspired double hose mouthpiece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James79

Reinventor of Wheels
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As mentioned in another thread, I'm starting on a mouthpiece design inspired by the old Hope Page mouthpieces. Goal is to have it reliable, use standard mouthpieces off modern regs, and easily adaptable for different hose diameters.
Below is the first cut, still needs seals, and mushroom valves installed.
20200331_195934.jpg 20200331_195946.jpg 20200331_195917.jpg

You might consider dropping the valve spider from the center and using the valve cages from the VDH DSP. They have an oring groove to seal it so adapting them would be easy.

As currently designed, the spider is part of the hose flange... I did this in part due to my printer not doing to great at overhangs (pieces are designed with this in mind, and print orientation is selected for minimizing overhang).
Looking at mine next to a factory wagon wheel, I think it would be an easy change to make it accept them. Are the DSV cages same outside diameter as the factory wagon wheels?
Another thought on combined spider/flange is designing for different valves... A flange for a 1 inch hose has room for a 23 mm ish mushroom valve. Current flange sized for factory AL hoses can take traditional non returns, or the exhaust valve out of late model 1085s.
15857451842761668184862761306472.jpg

Love the little logo. You guys and these 3D printers are pretty amazing, like the hose end plugs you made. Cool

Love the little logo. You guys and these 3D printers are pretty amazing, like the hose end plugs you made. Cool
I figured they were the least I could do for letting me borrow it!

I figured they were the least I could do for letting me borrow it!
Thank you sir those should keep the spiders out of my unused hoses n)

I love it!!!!

I would be interested in purchasing one if you decide to make more.

Pm on way!

Yes, the DSV and original are the same with the exception the DSV version has an oring groove in it.

Thank you, Sir!
I believe FrogKicker is going to be the beta tester for this with flanges that accept the VDH DSV wagon wheels. I hadn't tried to do anything for the factory wagon wheels just due to the hard surface to hard surface fit, but it looks like the DSV ones with O-rings would work a treat.
Respectfully,
James

Initial prototype complete, installed on the cyclone/HPR DAAM (also known as my only functional DH). Dry testing seams fine, tub test tonight, hopefully pool testing tomorrow...
20200401_131214.jpg
I think it looks good.... But I'm also the designer, lol.
Assuming that goes as expected, I'll reassemble it with the small flanges and try the repurposed gas mask hoses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom