Hoorah! Goal Achieved!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArcticDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Today I achieved my goal that was set in March. The goal was to lose 25 pounds while improving my overall athletic performance.

I started the end of March. As of this morning my weight is down the 25 pounds. My performance is significantly up in every category except lifting very heavy weight. The weight lifting is down some because I was relying on my weight instead of technique to do the job. No doubt that as soon as I learn proper technique that ability will be up too.

What next? I'd like to give myself a cushion for normal weight variance so another 5 pounds loss is in order. And I will spend some time learning better lifting techniques. After all, I do travel in the back country here. My snowmachine weighs in the middle 500 pounds, probably close to 600 by the time my pack is added on. I used to be able to lift it shoulder high from either end. Now I can only get it waist high from the engine end. Need a bit more to be able to get it unstuck.

:D:D:D

Congrats on reaching your goal!! That is awesome.

As for the lifting, sounds like you need to add some good powerlifts to your routine; clean and jerks, snatch, deadlift. You'll be throwing that snow machine around in not time :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom