Hooded Wetsuit Hanger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g1138

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently got an integrated hooded wetsuit custom made. While trying to find a way to hang/store this suit without giving it any permanent bends, I came up with this contraption.

HW Hanger 1.jpgHW Hanger 2.jpg

It's meant to be used along side a regular hanger; a UK wetsuit hanger fits perfectly. You slip the regular hanger into the suit's shoulders like normal, then connect it to the DIY hanger.
I made the hanger out of 1" Schedule 40 PVC. Used (1x) bicycle screw hook, (2x) 45degree elbows, (2x) 90degree elbows, (2x) endcaps.
The first picture shows the prototype, I plan to replace the end with a 90degree elbow and endcap to support the hood.
Total it came out to $11 from Home Depot and I still have 8ft of PVC left over (much more if I hadn't made any cutting mistakes).
No glue was necessary, but I did have to borrow some PVC cutters and a power drill.

With this I can hang up the suit in any orientation to save closet space, and the hood doesn't get bent out of shape.

Over time it may become a cone head. :shocked2:

Over time it may become a cone head. :shocked2:

I'm using a UK hanger in combination, so the wetsuit is mainly hanging with the weight at it's shoulders. The PVC hanger itself just keeps the hood from slopping over. It's an adapter to keep the hood from being squished between the traditional hanger and the hang bar. So no cone head for this suit :D.........hopefully

Styrofoam head...You can get them at a wig shop, then cut it up to fit around the hanger........

Styrofoam head...You can get them at a wig shop, then cut it up to fit around the hanger........

Waaaaaay to messy.

Back
Top Bottom