hooded nudibranchs ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've caught lingcod before for fish and chips (in Alaska) and they always have weird, half-digested food, in them. Amazing creatures. And, tasty, I might say.

Fantastic. I don't see Melibe around Catalina any more... possibly due to the long-term warming trend that began in the late 70's (1976-77). I once found thousands of them all involved in synchronous copulation. Being simultaneous hermaphrodites they get to "double your pleasure, double your fun" (wouldn't Mr. Wrigley be pleased).

Dr. Bill

Here's a collage of Melibe images from about 30 years ago. Note the mating pair.

http://www.starthrower.org/products/DDDB/DDDB_050-099/DDDB 068 Melibe leonina collage.jpg

NWGratefulDiver:
You were probably too busy on Saturday to notice them ... I saw you pulling out of the lot just as we were getting out of the water ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yes Bob, I saw you wave as I was pulling out at around 3:30, we started that work party at 9. It was a busy day!

Saw a few more hooded nudis in Cove 1 this morning in the kelp at about 35 fsw. Several were free-swimming. Must be mating season ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Rick Inman:
I've heard people say that after a few dives, Edmonds is boring to them.
I think those divers just swim too fast. Ya gotta go slow to see the interesting little stuff.

Back
Top Bottom