Hood for fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Mighty Thor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any recommendations for a good hood to go with a fusion?

Also, what are pros and cons of a zipper on a hood?

Our two recommendations are the HEAT hood by Whites and Pinnacles Merino Lined hood - both get rave reviews from our divers.

Hope that helps!

Here's another up-check for the Otter Bay hood. Yum!

All the best, James

I'd reinforce the recommendaiton for the White's Heat Hood.
It's an excellent hood, fits comfortably and is really warm. It seals well and has little water infiltration.
I use it with my White Fusion Tech Ltd which is an amazing Dry Suit!

I tried the Whites Heat with zipper, but it didn't really fit me well. Too loose around the neck and my lower face. Got an Pinnacle Merino hood instead. Works great for me.

I should add that I only have 8 dives in about 50°F water with the Pinnacle. But so far so good.

Henrik

Last edited:
I have the whites "heat" hood which came with the suit and a henderson hyperstretch. I use the zippered eat hood 99% of the time unless its already wet and the dry one is handy.

The White's hood was too loose around the neck for me. I started out with a Harvey's hood with a zipper -- I wouldn't buy a zipper again, unless I were buying a custom hood. They do make donning a hood easier, but they can be a PITA to get zipped by yourself. I'm current using the 7/5 XS Scuba hood, and I love it. But fit is everything in a hood, and if you can't find an off-the-rack one that fits snugly, the Otter Bay hood is a fantastic option.

I use the 7mm DUI hood with a skirt. I tuck that skirt into my warm neck seal and have felt the difference between diving without the skirt. Big difference for me. I can actually feel the warmth shift in my neck as sometimes on purpose I twist hard to let in some cold water as I get too warm.

I haven't tried the hood in deeper more than 100 feet so it might lose it's power there over the 12 mm otter bay helmet.

I do love it because it does keep me warm on my shallow dives and I can still hear my surroundings better than a thicker hood.

MG

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom