Honolulu Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apparently in the last several months, they bought a boat, and now typically only do the Maunalua Bay area... so you've got the Corsair and some barges, but not the Waikiki wrecks.

We still do the Waikiki wrecks, but usually on the weekends and sometimes as a 3-tank dive. We're also trying to dive some of the less frequented sights like Rabbit Island.

Louie

Just got back from Oahu and dove with Reef Trekkers. Pick you up at hotel. I highly recommend them. Did 4 dives this past Saturday. A wreck- Sea Tiger, and 3 reef dives. I'll dive with them again when I go back.

I got to say I dive with Gabe Scotti all the time when I am on the island with Kaimana Divers. If you like having a good relaxing time. He's good. Island Divers are Nice people aswell.

i know that waikiki diving does morning wreck dives out of maunaloa bay as well and waikiki wreck dives sunday mornings. friday night dives are available as well. will do complimentary pickups from your hotel and has very reasonable prices.

Dive Oahu is a great group, provides pickups from Waikiki hotels, and dives out of Kewalo Basin (right near Waikiki). They tend to dive deep (100 feet, or so) the first dive on one of the three ship wrecks in the area, and then move shallow for the second dive where the corals are in 20-40 feet of water.

Island Divers Hawaii typically stays in the Maunalua Basin area and will typically dive the Corsair or one of the sunk barges, followed by a shallow dive in the area. On occasion they can dive China Wall (Koko Head) if the water conditions are good, and the customers on board are comfortable with that kind of dive.

As a personal preference, I think the corals are nicer and more abundant in the Waikiki area, and I also like the wrecks that are available there better, too. If you have the time, you can give both groups a bit of business and dive multiple locations.

i know that waikiki diving does morning wreck dives out of maunaloa bay as well and waikiki wreck dives sunday mornings. friday night dives are available as well. will do complimentary pickups from your hotel and has very reasonable prices.
Just make sure they don't try and stiff you on air.

When I dove with them, we brought our own tanks (planned on Nitrox, but that didn't work out) -- 80's. Our dive was twice as long as everybody else's because we had more air and were better with it -- the customers diving their tanks had 63's.

Back
Top Bottom