Honolulu dive in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Lawyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Aloha, I will be in Honolulu for 10 days (Aug. 11-21, 2022) on a non-diving trip but I would like to sneak out for at least one dive while I'm there. Any locals (or fellow travelers) willing to go on a beach or boat dive with little 'ol me? :)

I live in Honolulu and I love to take out fellow (visiting) divers! I also organize a little informal dive club with a dozen+ divers of various experience, from open water up to cave/trimix, that is a great source for eager buddies!

I have some work travel scheduled for the first few days of your trip but I’ll be back on island for the latter half! Even if all the scheduling falls through, I can at least point you to some good dive ops or the best shore sites.

What kind of diving do you want to do on island? Have you dove on Oahu before?

I live in Honolulu and I love to take out fellow (visiting) divers! I also organize a little informal dive club with a dozen+ divers of various experience, from open water up to cave/trimix, that is a great source for eager buddies!

I have some work travel scheduled for the first few days of your trip but I’ll be back on island for the latter half! Even if all the scheduling falls through, I can at least point you to some good dive ops or the best shore sites.

Hi! I sent you a PM.

Mark

I'll be in Honolulu August 7 to 14 as well for work, and I'm hoping to sneak in some dives. Haven't been diving in Hawaii before. Could you point me to a shop as I'll need rentals. Prefer small boats, easy dives (40-70'), reef and drift dives. Thank you!

I'll be in Honolulu August 7 to 14 as well for work, and I'm hoping to sneak in some dives. Haven't been diving in Hawaii before. Could you point me to a shop as I'll need rentals. Prefer small boats, easy dives (40-70'), reef and drift dives. Thank you!
@NicKnit My favorite dive op is Kaimana Divers. The owner, Gabe, is an awesome dude and will hook you up with anything you need (and is on SB @scottitheduck) . It’s a small local “dive dojo” (as Gabe calls it) with a low-key local vibe. They usually run 3 charters a day (7:30am, 10:30am, and 1:30pm) with maximum 6 divers (but on a bigger boat that could easily support 10 divers). The 10:30am and 1:30pm charters are usually easier/shallower reef/reef dives and they can hook you up with all your gear (although they only dive air). You won’t go wrong with them!

If you 100% require nitrox, then I normally go with Aaron’s Dive Shop. Smaller boat than Kaimanas, and picks up in Hawai’i Kai instead of in town, but still 6 divers per boat.

If you want a larger diving operation, Island Divers and Honolulu Scuba Company (same owner, basically the same shop, shared boats) run more charters per day than any other op. They posted earlier in this thread about their dive schedule with a link to their calendar - you can check that out as well! But I’d personally try Gabe @ Kaimana first!

@NicKnit My favorite dive op is Kaimana Divers. The owner, Gabe, is an awesome dude and will hook you up with anything you need (and is on SB @scottitheduck) . It’s a small local “dive dojo” (as Gabe calls it) with a low-key local vibe. They usually run 3 charters a day (7:30am, 10:30am, and 1:30pm) with maximum 6 divers (but on a bigger boat that could easily support 10 divers). The 10:30am and 1:30pm charters are usually easier/shallower reef/reef dives and they can hook you up with all your gear (although they only dive air). You won’t go wrong with them.
Thank you so much! I'll definitely check out Kaimana first. Much about them sounds just right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom